Master of Science in Landscape Architecture
- The application deadline is May 15.
- Apply Now!
- Applications to the Master of Science in Landscape Architecture program are processed by the Graduate School of the University of Minnesota. All application materials are submitted to the Graduate School including the Portfolio.
- Applicants with degrees in related design professions such as architecture should clearly indicate in their personal statement an interest in receiving evaluation for advanced standing in design.
- Most applicants will receive an admissions decision 4–6 weeks after the application deadline. Applicants will be notified of the decision by email as soon as they are available. If you have been offered admission, please accept or decline the offer by May 30.
- Baccalaureate degree in arts, humanities, sciences, environmental studies, or engineering.
- A GPA greater than 3.0 [on 4.0 scale] is preferred.
- International Applicants must be proficient in English [see language requirements below].
- Graduate School Application Form (online)
- Unofficial transcripts of all college or university coursework. Official transcripts should only be sent to the Graduate School if specifically requested. International students must follow Graduate School policy.
- Two (2) statements(personal and diversity) required by The Graduate School.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation. We strongly encourage you to submit two (2) letters from faculty members who are familiar with your academic work.
- Portfolio. Please see below for more details.
- The portfolio must be a PDF in 8.5 x 11 format. No slides, printed, or loose materials will be accepted.
- Submit the portfolio before the admissions deadline.
- Identify your portfolio with your name and contact information.
- Upload the portfolio to ISSUU.COM. You will need to create a publisher account to use this site. This is a free service.
- Please use your complete name to register at ISSUU as this generates the weblink to your portfolio.
- Please enter the link to your portfolio in the online application form inthe section titled “Digital Portfolio”.
Other Admissions Information
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE Scores). The GRE is not required for the MLA program, but many scholarships require a GRE score. The UMN-Twin Cities Graduate School code is 6874.
- International Applicants must submit TOEFL scores from one of the four English language tests. You must have a minimum score of 600 [TOEFL paper]; 86 [TOEFL internet]; 6.5 [IELTS test]; or, 80 [MELAB test] to qualify for the MLA.
- Please contact our office for additional information regarding the admissions process.