Master of Landscape Architecture I
Applicants to the MLA I program must submit a digital portfolio of creative work. The portfolio should be a visual essay documenting your creative work. The portfolio should include work that best expresses your visual, spatial, creative, and construction skills. This includes drawings, illustration, paintings, sculpture, or photography; graphic, industrial, or interior design; architectural, landscape, or urban design.
All work in the portfolio must be identified as academic, professional, or personal. If professional or team projects are included, identify your responsibility in the production of the work. Clearly explain the work in the portfolio, but keep writing to a minimum.
Applicants without previous design experience may submit a dossier of writing samples along with samples of creative work.
- The portfolio must be a PDF in an 8.5 x 11 landscape format. No slides or printed work will be accepted.
- Submit all portfolio materials before the admissions deadline.
- Identify your portfolio with your name and contact information. Indicate that you are an MLA I candidate on the portfolio.
- Upload the portfolio to ISSUU.COM. You will need to create an publisher account to use this site. This is a free service.
- Please use your complete name to register at ISSUU as this generates the weblink to your portfolio.
- Please enter the link to your portfolio in the on-line application form ("Link to Portfolio").