LDP + MLA [Accelerated MLA]
- Applications are due 15 January.
- Admission is Fall Semester only.
- Acceptance letters are sent 15 April.
- Complete the first three years of the LDP coursework.
- Complete the accelerated degree application
- Draft a letter of intent describing your interest in pursuing a graduate degree in landscape architecture [maximum of two pages].
- Submit unofficial transcripts of all coursework at the college and university, including coursework currently being taken. A minimum GPA of 3.00 is required for admittance.
- Portfolio. Applicants to the LDP + MLA program must submit an electronic portfolio of work. Please see portfolio requirements below for more details.
- Include the link to your portfolio + attach all application materials in an email to the Director of Undergraduate Studies.
- The portfolio must be a PDF in 8.5 x 11 format. No slides, printed, or loose materials will be accepted.
- Submit the portfolio before the admissions deadline.
- Identify your portfolio with your name and contact information.
- Upload the portfolio to ISSUU.COM. You will need to create an publisher account to use this site. This is a free service.
- Please use your complete name to register at ISSUU as this generates the weblink to your portfolio.
Admission is competitive and based on:
- Student’s academic standing and GPA.
- Student’s understanding of landscape architecture.
- Student’s potential to succeed as a practicing landscape architect as estimated by the faculty.
Resource and Space Availability
Applicants are encouraged to visit the landscape design studios, talk to students who are in the accelerated degree track and the MLA program, and find out as much as they can about the profession by talking with landscape architects in their community.