Each year the College of Design Mentor Program has over 200 professional participants from the fields of Apparel Design, Architecture, Graphic Design, Housing Studies, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture, and Retail Merchandising.
The mentor program kicks off each year with Orientation, and continues with leadership workshops for mentors, and ends with the Mentor Appreciation Dinner. Mentors are expected to spend at least two hours per month with the student between November and April. Contact times are determined by the mentor and student during initial meetings.
- Nurture success in others
- Give back to higher education
- Foster the development of future professionals
- Offer constructive suggestions and feedback on student work
- Help student meet with other professionals in his/her desired field
- Help student increase awareness and gain access to professional resources and organizations
- Encourage student to explore new areas
To participate in or receive more information about the mentor program please contact:
Lori Mollberg, Mentor Program Coordinator